Kuwait records 25184 COVID-19 cases, 194 deaths
Kuwait on Saturday, reported 1008 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours, taking to 26192 its infection tally, the Health Ministry said.
The Health Ministry also reported 10 more deaths from COVID-19, taking to 205 the total such fatalities in Kuwait.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.
Kuwait government decides to change the total curfew to a partial curfew is effective from Sunday May 31. It is not permissible to walk around and leave the house on Saturday night. The partial curfew in Kuwait will be from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am, according to the country’s interior minister.
The health minister said easing the curfew will be among the first phase in a 5-phases plan, each to last at least 3 weeks, to go back to normal life.
The step is part of a slew of measures to ease coronavirus-related restrictions. As per the new measures, mosques will reopen from Sunday in accordance with heath guidelines and preventive measures.
We cannot move from one phase to another unless requirements for moving is achieved. If not, we will prolong the phase or step back to the previous one.
The residents in the areas that are on total lockdown like Hawalli, Maidan Hawalli, Farawaniyah, Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh, Mahboula and Khaitan will not be allowed to enter and exit the area, according to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, as they are considered coronavirus hotspots.
Kuwait lawmakers calls to adopt a quota system for main expat communities in the country in a bid to balance the demographic structure. The draft law stipulates a certain percentage for the main expat communities in the country depending on its current size as the proposed percentage is from the Kuwaiti population of 1.4 million at present.