Kuwait Announces 514 New COVID-19 Cases, 4 More Deaths
Table of Contents
Kuwait Announces 514 new COVID-19 Cases, 4 More Deaths
Kuwait on Saturday, announced 514 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of COVID-19 infections in the country to 35,466 according to a statement from the Ministry of Health.
The Health Ministry also reported 4 more deaths from COVID-19, taking to 289 the total such fatalities in Kuwait. Those currently receiving treatment at hospitals reached 9,619 patients.
All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.
Meanwhile, Health Minister Dr. Basel Al-Sabah announced that in last 24 hrs 834 people recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the tally to 25,882. The recovered will be transferred to the hospital recuperation ward, pending their discharge within the next few days.
Kuwait announced the opening of a new bridge on the Fifth Ring Road, opposite Al-Andalus area in both directions (Salmiya and Kairouan).
The third and final batch of stranded 289 medical teams consisting doctor, nurse and technician arrived in from India. After conducting medical examinations they have been moved to Jaber Al-Ahmad city.
The Kuwait National Guard on Friday, distributed food baskets to the residents of the lockdown area Khaitan. The National Guard is responsible for securing Khaitan and supervising its isolation. In cooperation with the Ministry of Interior, based on the decision of the Council of Ministers, as part of the measures to combat the coronavirus.
The Minister of Oil, addressing a parliamentary committee session, said the non-Kuwaitis would not be hired in the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation and its subsidiary for the year 2020-2021 and their numbers as to special contracts would be trimmed. Minister of Oil and the State Minister for Electricity and Water Dr Khaled Al-Fadhel, warned that he would not be inactive toward layoff of Kuwaiti citizens serving in the national petroleum companies.
Meanwhile, Kuwait Ministry of Interior stated that the residents of the isolated areas are allowed to leave their homes, within the curfew area only but are not allowed to go out of their area even with curfew permit. The partial curfew in Kuwait will be from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Kuwait government decides to change the total curfew to a partial curfew. The health minister said easing the curfew will be among the first phase in a 5-phases plan, each to last at least 3 weeks, to go back to normal life.